Saturday, December 10, 2022

 Why Christians Share the Gospel

I am a Christian and my family are Christians also. In being a believer there is a verse in the bible that to me is my key verse about salvation. This verse is found in the book of John in chapter three and it is the sixteenth verse. John 3:16 says this “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” This verse to me is the essence of the gospel and all who believe on Jesus shall not perish but inherit eternal life

I believe that Christ Jesus took the sins of all mankind on Himself on the Cross at Calvary. Thus He took all of our sins and paid our sin debt with His perfect sinless life as the Son of God and our Messiah. This is the core of my belief and why I believe I am saved in Christ Jesus.

So, now I’m saved and my family are saved. Why then should I feel obligated to share the gospel so that others can be saved as well? I guess that if I’m saved and am comfortable about my decision to trust in Christ Jesus and if I believe He is the only way for anyone to obtain eternal life and to not perish. Then the least I can do for my fellow man is share with him that he, or she, is dead in his, or her, sins and can only be saved if he, or she, believes that Jesus can pay his, or her, sin debt and that he, or she, should believe on Christ Jesus as their Saviour. You can see I’m trying to be inclusive here.

Another, reason to share the gospel is that there is a commandment from Christ Jesus for believers to do so. This command is found in Matthew chapter twenty eight at verses eighteen to twenty Matthew 28: 18-20 reads “And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

A question that Could be asked is that if I didn’t share the gospel at all would it make a material difference to the overall outcome in relation to currently non believing people having a change of mind and becoming Christians. I guess the answer is yes and no. In the case of people that God used me to reach who became saved as a result. You could argue that these people may not have been drawn to Christ Jesus if I hadn’t shared the gospel with them. Ultimately though I believe that all of the people that God intends to save will hear the gospel from someone and will become believers as a result.

What I’m pointing to here is that the enemies of God point to His weakness and inability to remedy the effects of sin on mankind. They try to make it seem as though God is weak and they are strong. It is true there is persecution of Christians around the world and some people die for their faith. The reality is that God is playing the long game and He will win. Those who are His servants who die for Him will gain a crown and eternal life in the name of Jesus Christ. Those who are unbelieving are misguided into thinking that there is no God or that other religions are more to their liking than Christianity. They will ultimately perish in the second death and be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Finally, God has complete control and all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28). Ultimately, Christians like myself share the gospel because we believe on Jesus Christ and we are called to do so in the Great Commission. We also love the lost as Christ Jesus does and want desperately to see them come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His Grace. We also know that God is going to triumph over sin and over evil.

We believe that the Second Advent of Jesus Christ is nearly upon us. The Kingdom of God is at hand. At the moment there is a great falling away from the faith that was spoken of by Jesus, (Matthew 24:10). However in the end, the not too distant future, there will be a huge tribulation which will result millions of people accepting Jesus as their Lord and Saviour even though it will be at the cost of their Earthly lives. They will be saved to eternal life (Revelation 6: 9-11).

So we believe that it is imperative that we who believe on Christ Jesus share the gospel to all that we can. That the through the preaching of the gospel the Holy Spirit is poured out upon all who will hear the gospel of salvation and that they will be drawn to Jesus Christ and in His redemptive work to obtain salvation in His name. For there is no other name under heaven by which you must be saved (Acts 4:12). Thus Christians share the gospel with all that they can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...