Saturday, December 3, 2022

 Guarding the Door to Your Heart

You will hear it often said that there is no contradiction in scripture. If that is so why are there so many denominations in the Church and why can’t any two believers agree on just about any given doctrinal issue? The reality is that most Christian’s use the scriptures like a pick a path book to provide evidence for their perspective and that the denominations likewise have key verses of scripture and books by their current leading lights to back their bible view.

Complicating this situation in our time is the fact that in the Western World, where I live, the only Churches available all have an axe to grind over their particular doctrinal standpoint. Whether they be Pentecostal, Calvinist, Salvation Army, Church of England, Seventh Day Adventist or Catholic. These bodies each have their own doctrinal distinctive’s and in many cases catechism.

So what do we do as believers. It is just about impossible to find a body of believers to fellowship with that are what I would define as normal at this time. What is normal I hear you say? Which cult  do I belong too?

Well I take my perspective from my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I am a Christian first and foremost. I probably base my faith in the Old Testament Judaism. I worship Yahweh and I keep His Commands, Gods Laws, in the New Covenant as instructed by Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of God. I believe that at the behest of Jesus Christ the Holy Spirit is sent of the Father to help me and to reveal the nature of Jesus Christ in me arriving ultimately at my sanctification. I believe this is the case for all who believe on Jesus Christ.

I am what I would term a John 3:16 Christian “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” NKJV I believe that Christ died on the Cross, as our sacrifice, to provide a way for all to be justified even though not all will have faith to believe on Him.

This is the simple truth as I see it. I believe that our faith should be child like and that we should not embark on a highly doctrinal path. This is because the enemy often uses this head knowledge approach to the word of God to distract and divert Christians causing them to argue over their different perspectives and to break the Church into different sects.

Should we not read the bible. By no means. We need to know and understand scripture thoroughly and be aware of false doctrines. What I’m saying is that we need to be much closer to the Saviour in all that we do. We need to pray and seek His will and let our simple and uncomplicated faith lead us to a walk that is simple, pure and child like. Jesus is the way, the truth and life. No man comes to the father but through Him. (John 14:6)

Let the Holy Spirit be the guard at the door of your heart. Discuss what you believe with Christ Jesus in prayer. Let it be that He keeps your heart true and pure and your actions righteous. Let His knowledge and wisdom permeate your heart. Let it also be that nothing false is found in you. As the psalmist says “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.” NASB (Psalm 19:4) Please oh Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...