Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Vaccine

 


2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 

 
Hebrews 13:2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. 
 
Luke 15 4-7 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. 
 
So I've had the Vaccine. As a Christian I've been skeptical as to whether I should have. I've sought the Lord about it and I've agonised as to whether I should have taken it or not. What if it's like the mark of the beast and I'm excluded from Heaven?
You know one of the strongest reasons I have for taking the vaccine is that I'm in with the crowd. I'm a Kiwi and I love my country men and women. If they're getting jab I'm getting it too and if we screwed it up this time. We did it together.
So how does that play out as a Christian. Abstract concept at best. My brothers and sisters in Christ would be expecting me to side with them and I do... But... Yes there's a but... God is waiting his return that none of my Kiwi brethren might be lost. If He can help it.
 
I'm being kind to my non Christian Kiwi brothers and sisters so that they might be saved. I'm their Christian brother and I got the jab as well for them. That none of them might be lost... And some might even be found.
Just remember that all of the Angels in Heaven rejoice over just one new saved soul. So maybe having the jab might have consequences I don't like or want. Maybe it will have consequences to all who take it. But I can tell you I won't be alone. Maybe God can use that ???

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...