Friday, October 1, 2021

John 3:16

John 3:16 is a sacred verse and is my favorite memory verse. To me it quantifies the gospel. God loved the World so much that he gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, that If I believe on Him. I will not die but will inherit eternal life. 
 
Imagine my consternation when I first heard that many Christians don't believe that this verse says what I have just told you. They say is basically just means if I do item a then I won't get item b and will get item c. So there is nothing about the mode of Salvation in this verse. 
 
It kills me inside to even hear of such a thing much less to learn that many Christians believe such a thing. John 3:16 is the gospel in its most refined form.
 
Their argument functions around the idea that Christ died only for the elect and not for everyone. Therefore the verse is not speaking of the mode of Salvation in their opinion. In reality the mode of Salvation is through belief which what John 3:16 says.
The mode then is that you first believe and God gives you faith and credits the faith as righteousness. Which leads to Salvation.
 
Romans 3:22 "..even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference..." The important thing to realise here is that God gives faith to all who believe and that faith is not a work of man. 
 
So to restate the verse God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever Believes on Him, shall not perish but will inherit eternal life...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...