Saturday, September 22, 2018

Who do you say I am...

Matthew 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

So there is no doubt who Jesus Christ was in the mind of Simon Peter and there is no doubt in my mind as to who Jesus Christ is and what to expect of him as the only begotten Son of God. He is the Messiah, the Lamb of God and the Savior of the World. The Prince of Peace.


So, who do you say I am? I don’t know if many people know me, much less, could make a pronouncement about who I am. Some would say I am not a Christian. Others, that I am not a very good Christian. Others still, that I don’t go to church and that I haven’t brought my family to know Jesus of Nazareth.


The reality. I am a Christian but not a very good one. I don’t fellowship at a Church. My children do know of Jesus Christ but the example I have set to them has not set all of them on a path toward God. I won’t justify any of my failings. I know there are many and the devil reminds of most of them as often as I will listen. Except, perhaps, to say that crowds of people are not my favorite thing and I don’t think anyone would miss not hearing my opinions about life or, cherish having me as part of their Church.


I am not brave enough to be an apostle or a missionary. I couldn’t share the gospel with a single person. So I pray for as many as I can and take up the battle as a keyboard warrior for God. Now, I’m not writing and posting on the web to condemn you or to put you down. Far from it I wish you only the best of God’s love and hope that you might find him to be the best Father in Heaven in your life.


I once heard the story of a man who like me could not speak of Jesus of Nazareth with others. So he sought God and purposed to pray for the lost and to say a short phrase to them. He prayed and then approached people in the street and said “Where will you spend your eternity?” Some years later the pastor of a particular Church asked how those who were present had come to know the Lord. Several people stood up and spoke of how a man had come up to them and asked “Where will you spend your eternity?” They recounted how that brief encounter had opened their eyes and hearts to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and, how that moment had led to their eventual salvation.


You see I don’t care who you say that I am. I know I’m nothing but a sinner who doesn’t deserve the mercy that a loving Creator God has given him. If you look at me closely then prepare to be disappointed. My only thought is for your eternal destiny and that it would be salvation in Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God.


John3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. NIV


Reference List


All Scriptures from http://www.biblegateway.com 22/09/18 New International Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...