Thursday, April 6, 2023

A Simple Faith

I don't know how other Christians feel but I have always tended to take on definite opinions about bible theology. With that has come an aggressive approach to defending biblical truth as I perceive it. Some Christians say that aggressive debate over biblical issues is fine often stating that iron sharpens iron. It t doesn't seem that way to me and I am determined to stop arguing over theology it in future.

I have decided that I am going to leave the in depth theology to the experts. I am going to focus on developing a simple faith. I guess it starts with John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”  Such that I believe the God so loved me that he gave Christ Jesus that when I believe on Him, I will not perish but inherit eternal life.

In Matthew 11: 28-30 Jesus said “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” God promises to make His yoke light. Therefore it seems to me that being a Christian shouldn’t be defined by what I believe about theology but rather the way I conduct myself and the earnestness of my faith as I serve Jesus. It should be a natural progression of my relationship with Christ Jesus.

It is so easy as a man to get caught up in the traditions of men. We can have an invisible list of our beliefs by which we cast judgement on others. We can have a catechism and consign it to memory so that we always have a trite answer to any question. However, if these convenient caches of knowledge pervert our walk in Christ and our vision of the bible and who God is then they are nothing but a mill stone.

We have the Holy Spirit to guide us and enlighten us in the person of Jesus Christ. We have no other need of any other knowledge even if it sounds good and makes us seem to be wise in the sight of others. We are no use to God if we behave like the Pharisees and judge everyone else to be inferior in their walk with Jesus. We need to be humble and meek and as the children of God. Our purpose is to be close to God. Justified by the shed blood of the Saviour, sanctified by the on going work of Holy Spirit in our hearts and minds. Called to be the children of God, sanctified to be the temple of the Most High God. We are the living Bride of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...