Friday, July 13, 2018

To Rock the Boat... Or Not.

I’m not a person to ‘rock the boat’ believe it or not. I’d far sooner keep a low profile and just avoid any controversy. So being a Christian and trying to share the gospel and various truths that the bible contains. Well that’s not my normal way of interacting and I’d just as soon not go there.
 
 
Now if you’re close to me you’re aware of my numerous attempts to share things Christian. You’re probably thinking ‘Yeah Right.’ But I can assure you I do this thing which is against my way of being because of three things. Duty, Love and Jesus Christ in my heart.
 
 
Duty comes as a result of the faith I have in Jesus and the works that result from being a a Christian and having the holy spirit in my heart. 1) The apostle James put it like this. James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. KJV
Love is a fruit of the Holy Spirit and comes, again, from the spirit revealing the nature of Jesus Christ in me. 2) The bible says this; Galatians 5: 22-23 ‘But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Interestingly the New Living Translation adds this to Galatians 5:22 ‘But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives...’ 
 
 
Now this love that the Holy Spirit produces in my heart in this case causes me to share the gospel and all things Christian with other people how ever I can. For me the easiest way is with text. I’m not a big conversationalist especially about controversial topics being an introvert at heart. Hence I share most things in print.
 
 
Finally Jesus gave us the great commission. 3) Matthew 28: 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”…
 
 
So Jesus Christ in our lives means taking the gospel to the whole world making disciples of all the nations and baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. So I really don’t have much choice. I am a Christian and being shy is not a reason to make no effort to be obedient to Jesus Christ, Lord of Lords and King of Kings. The Prince of Peace and God with us. Come Lord Jesus. Amen. 
 
 
Reference List
 
  1. http://biblehub.com/james/2-17.htm
  2. http://biblehub.com/galatians/5-22.htm
  3. http://biblehub.com/matthew/28-19.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...