Saturday, May 19, 2018

Why I Share JESUS On-line or at all...

As a family we’ve had a hard week or two just lately. We’ve lost a treasured Aunt and a beloved Great Uncle. It’s caused me to reflect on why I share Christ on-line or at all? So I thought I would explain my point of view.
 
Jesus of Nazareth, the only begotten son of God is my Lord and Savior. The holy Spirit of God dwells in my heart and compels me to share Jesus Christ with you. Jehovah has placed a burden on my heart to bring the gospel of peace and salvation to you.
Now believe me when I tell you I’m a very shy and introverted person. I’m not a stand on a soap box and deliver the gospel in the center of town kind of guy. So the Internet, as limited as it is from the point of view of preaching, is a gift from God for me. I know how to write and I need time to think so using the laptop and getting a few articles onto social media seems like a good way for someone as reclusive as I am to get in amongst it.
 
But why preach the gospel at all? Well Jehovah and Yeshua (Jesus in modern Hebrew), want me to, but I could just ignore them. I did for many years. I mean most people these days believe in anything but Jehovah the God of the Hebrews. Secular Humanism and Evolution are much more popular in the Western World and there are plenty of of other Gods right? So why bother?
 
Well mainly because there are no atheists on a sinking ship. You all know in your hearts that there is one true God. God made you all that way. He has commissioned me and the other Christians to fight the good fight and get the truth out there.
 
I Timothy 6:12 “Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses...”
 
Then in the book of Matthew chapter 28 verses eighteen to twenty:
 
Matthew 28: 18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
 
Yet despite all of this my lack of boldness frustrates me. The Internet is a great way to get the gospel out there but it is limited. Particularly if you are only one person rather than a large organisation with means. If you have the correct equipment and programming know how you can do miraculous things on-line.
 
However, getting back to the gospel. It cuts me to the core that folk don’t know the bible and don’t know Jehovah and what the realities of life are. That we are all sinners, every one of us. That there is no one who is righteous in Gods eyes. That the wages of our sin is the death we deserve but the gift of God, that God gives us, for free, is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. Scriptures from Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23.
 
My friends you are laboring under a misapprehension if you think you can live a good life and Jehovah will let you into the Kingdom of Heaven on that basis. To be saved you must believe that God so loved you that he gave his only son, Jesus Christ, and you have eternal life (John 3:16). For you if don’t believe on Jesus Christ then you face eternal separation from God. A nice way of saying that you go through resurrection of the lost and then face judgment and the second death (Incarceration in the Lake of Fire). 
 
Revelation Chapter twenty verses eleven to fifteen:
 
The Judgment of the Dead
 
Revelation 20: 11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
Still want to know Why I Share JESUS On-line or at all... I love you all and I don’t want anyone that I know not making it into the Kingdom of Heaven. I don’t want to be responsible for any of you undergoing judgment and the second death!
 
Reference List

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapture

  Hebrews 9:28 ESV   So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin b...